PCB Manufacturing & PCB Assembly Quality Management System
Except following IPC standard for manufacturing,WellerPCB maintains a documented printed circuit board manufacturing and PCB assembly “Quality Management System” designed and implemented to fulfill the requirements of our PCB customers. It goes beyond quality levels you will normally see in the PCB industry, regulatory and applicable national and international standards.
PCBs and PCB Assemblies Guaranteed to be Manufactured to Your Specifications
Our PCB guarantee goes beyond a declaration on a piece of paper. It’s a functioning system that ensures that your printed circuit board order is manufactured to your specifications. The system creates a framework for clearly defining the control of printed circuit board materials, processes, and verification activities, thus providing our customers with confidence that the manufacture of printed circuit boards is performed in a well-defined and controlled environment.
Quality planning isn’t an isolated initiative at Weller Technology. It is built into our system and does not exist as a single document. From our executive managers at our PCB manufacturing & assembly department, to each of our staff who contribute to our exceptional PCB manufacturing and circuit board assembly services, Weller Technology is dedicated to providing the higherst quality printed circuit boards to our cutomers.
“PROTOS (Standard Spec) ON TIME OR THEY’RE FREE … Done Right the First Time” stands as a testament to the customers of Weller Technology that they have our commitment that the products they receive will be not only on time, but first-time quality. To improve the quality consistency needed to deliver on time, Weller Technology continually strives to seek out improvements in process, products and equipment. Most importantly, there is a continuous investment in employee training at all levels.
“Speed,quality, and great service, WellerPCB has allowed us to move quickly on development and not stress out so much about inevitable board goof ups that previous have cost us weeks”.–Anthony Aglio, USA
Our Multifaceted Quality Assurance Program:
- Each of our production process work instructions provide the acceptance and rejection criteria for each of the 90 plus processes in fabricating your circuit board. In addition there are “first article” requirements for a number of steps throughout the course of the manufacturing process.
- Customer specifications and drawings follow along with each order as part of the traveler that accompanies all orders – Small quantity or production PCBs.
- IPC Class 2 or IPC Class 3 + IPC-A-610E provides the default in the event that you do not assign a particular requirement.
- The final step prior to shipping our boards is a well defined final inspection. Each of our orders goes through a C=0 random sampling for determining that the holes and dimensions for each part number are within tolerance.
- Once the order has passed the dimensional check it is scheduled for electrical test if you have requested it.
- The last step for each order is a 100% visual inspection and passing electrical testing. Each part is checked for workmanship, quality, cleanliness and a number of other attributes before the boards are packaged for shipping.
There are a number of other inspection points that we require throughout the process that we use to verify the acceptability of the panels.
Crucial inspection Process For PCB
All inner layer cores pass through Automated Optical Inspection prior to being laminated into a multi-layer board. We use cross section analysis to verify plating thickness on the surfaces as well as in the hole walls.
Weight-gain coupons, backlight inspections, visual and magnified inspections of trace width and spacing, drill, image and mask registration as well as a number of tooling checks are done on an order by order basis.
Crucial inspection Process For PCB Assembly
|Check of incoming components, PCBs|
|AOI test for assemblies|
|X-ray inspection for BGA,QFN component|
|ESD monitors system for all workship|
WellerPCB quality system is a compilation of all of these inspection points and more. We work hard to “Make it Right the First Time”!